IMPORTANT NOTE: – To use this plugin, you need to have the Caldera Forms core plugin installed and activated on your WordPress website.
The plugin can be installed from the backend of your WordPress website. Click Plugins > Add new and then search for LSX Zoho CRM Addon for Caldera Forms.
Click Install Now then click Activate when the installation is complete.
The plugin can also be downloaded from WordPress.org, and installed using the .zip file.
Download the file from here – https://wordpress.org/plugins/lsx-zoho-crm-addon-for-caldera-forms/
In your WordPress Admin dashboard click Plugins > Add new > Upload plugin. Click Choose File, and select the .zip file that you have just downloaded.
Click Install Now. When the installation is complete click Activate Plugin.
CONNECTING TO YOUR ZOHO ACCOUNT
Now it’s time to connect your Zoho account to your WordPress site.
You will need to setup a Zoho App on the Zoho website. Log into your Zoho account and follow these instructions for setting up your Zoho App (depending on the region your Zoho CRM is registered in):
- Go to https://accounts.zoho.eu/developerconsole if you are using zoho.eu domain, or
- Got https://accounts.zoho.com/developerconsole if you are using the zoho.com domain
Click Add Client ID
Use these settings from CF Zoho Options page (Settings > CF Zoho)
Enter the above settings here:
When done click Create.
Copy and paste the Client ID and Client Secret from the confirmation screen to the CF Zoho API Settings.
Click Save Settings, then click Re-generate Access and Refresh Tokens. You will need to give Zoho access to your website on this screen:
TROUBLESHOOTING ZOHO CONNECTION
There are two other settings on this page:
- Flush Transients – If you have added new users or fields to your Zoho CRM, select below to remove cached data. Additionally if the Zoho processor is no longer connecting to your Zoho account, please use this option to reconnect.
- Enable Debug – This option should be enabled when you need to monitor logs for the requests the processor makes. When enabled a Logs option will appear in the WordPress admin sidebar, see screenshot below.
Click Save Settings when making any changes on this page.
MAPPING ZOHO FIELDS TO CALDERA FORM FIELDS
Now you need to map the fields that you have set up on your Zoho account with fields in your Caldera Form.
To do this you need to add a processor to your Caldera Form. From the form edit screen click Processors then Add Processor.
Choose the processor you require from the following options:
Now choose from the following options:
- Approval Mode – Documentation on this mode
- Workflow Mode – Documentation on this mode
- Update Existing Records – choose this option if you do not want Zoho to create to duplicate entries in your CRM. Zoho will look for the email address in the CRM to determine if Record is duplicate
Now you need to map the fields in Zoho to the fields on your form using Magic Tags.
In the above screenshot please note the following highlighted by the red outline:
- Lead Source – This will reflect on your Zoho database and should describe from where the lead is captured. Use a descriptive name here.
- Lead Status – You should use appropriate names here, e.g. Not contacted, Already contacted (in case of duplicates), Waiting on reply etc. This will also be displayed on the CRM so should be descriptive.
The Lead Status and Lead Source will be displayed in Zoho:
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your form has date fields please use the following format yyyy-mm-dd. This is the format that Zoho accepts. The lead or contact will not be captured if the date format is incorrect.
Finally complete the form on the frontend of you website, and check the entry in the backend to be sure that it is captured to the Zoho CRM. You can do this by clicking Entries under the relevant form name. Then click View.
Click Zoho CRM – Leads to view the ID. If there is no ID then the Lead was not captured to the CRM. Follow troubleshooting advice given above.
The plugin is free, but we do not offer free support. Please consult our documentation which answers all questions related to setting the plugin up. If it’s not working, please follow these steps:
- Ensure that WordPress, your theme and plugins are fully up to date.
- Activate a default WordPress theme, like twenty sixteen or twenty eighteen
- Disable all plugins but
- Caldera Forms and the Zoho Extension
- Test your workflows again
- If it works, it means there is a problem with your theme or one of the other plugins that isn’t covered by our support policy.
- If it still does not work, create a user with administrative access and email that to us at email@example.com, please include detailed steps on how to reproduce the error, reference any relevant links and screenshots. We also need to know what operating system and browser you are using.
If you need assistance setting up the plugin, a customisation, or it needs to be made compatible with your theme and plugins, please contact us for a quote.