To download the LSX Teams Extension, follow one of the following steps:
You can also download and install the extension directly from the backend of your website
- Login to the backend of your website.
- Navigate to the “Plugins” dashboard item.
- Select “Add New” when on the plugins page.
- Search for “LSX Team”.
- Download and activate the plugin.
To install go to Plugins > Add New.
- Upload the file you downloaded and click install now
- When the installation is complete, Activate your plugin.
- After installation a new Team Members menu appears.
To configure the following display settings, go to Appearance > Theme Options > Display > Testimonials:
- Display Single Posts – Check this option if you only want an archive Testimonials page.
For archive page placeholder settings, go to Appearance > Theme Options > Testimonials. You can modify the following settings:
Adding a New Testimonial
To add a new team member, go to Testimonials > Add New:
- Add the title for the testimonial in the title field.
- Set a Featured Image for the team member.
- Add your content in the post editor.
- Configure the following banner display options:
- Enter the Testimonial Details. Checking Featured enables the testimonial to display in the Testimonial widget.
- This section is also where you can link your testimonial to LSX Projects, LSX Services and LSX Team, if these LSX Extensions are installed.
Display Testimonials with a Shortcode
Once you have added all your Testimonials and configured their content, you can then add these Testimonials via shortcodes. These shortcodes are configured using the following shortcode options:
set the number of columns to display
options: 1, 2, 3, 4
eg: [testimonials columns=4]
Choose how the testimonials should be ordered
options: none, ID, name, date, rand (or any of the orderby options accepted by WP Query)
eg: [testimonials orderby=rand]
whether to display testimonials in ascending or descending order (based on the orderby parameter)
options: ASC, DESC
eg: [testimonials order=’DESC’]
set the maximum number of testimonials to be returned
eg: [testimonials limit=4]
Specify which testimonials to include by entering a comma seperated list of IDs. (This overrides the order and limit parameters; testimonials will display in the order in which the IDs are entered)
Eg: [testimonials include=’7, 38, 19′]
Set the featured image or Gravatar size to display on each testimonial. Accepts numbers only, exclude the ‘px’.
Eg: [testimonials size=200]
Choose whether the images should resize according to the size of the viewport (enabled by default)
Eg: [testimonials responsive=false]
Choose whether the images should display (enabled by default)
Eg: [testimonials show_image=false]
- Combine these options to create the testimonials display you desire. Eg: [testimonials size=100 show_image=true include=’1, 3, 35′]
Displaying Testimonials using a Widget
- To add testimonials as a widget go to: Appearance > Widgets to find the LSX Testimonial Widget. You can modify the following settings:
- Once complete, select “Save & Publish” at the top of your WordPress Customiser Menu