This post type module is built to house all your Destination posts, making them easily linked to other related post types
There are a number of TO custom fields available that allow you to add various kinds of information about the destination you are featuring
Add a Destination
- Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard
- Hover over the “Tour Operator” custom menu item
- Select the “Add Destination” option from the sub-menu
- View the options below to inserting your desired content into the editing page
- When complete, select the “Preview” option to view your post
- Publish your destination post when you are happy with your content
Title – Add in the title of the destination
Description area – This is where the body of your content goes.
Excerpt – Add in a short summary for your destination post. This will display when the destination is viewed in thumbnail form
Featured – Select the checkbox to add the post to your list of featured posts.
Disable Single – Disable the ability for a user to view this post, it will only be displayed in the archive and widgets.
Best Months to Visit – Add a list of the best months to visit this destination
Tagline – Assign a short, descriptive tagline to display below the destination title.
Here you are able to provide travel info to the users on the following topics. All field areas are HTML ready and will appear only if used:
Posts related with this destination – Select previously added posts that mention or highlight this destination
Accommodations related with this destination – Select previously added accommodations that include this destination from the “Destinations” post type
Tours related with this destination – Select previously added tours that include this destination from the “Tours” post type
Before publishing your Destination , be sure to make use of the internal linking system by selecting the options that are relevant to the destination from the custom “Travel Style” taxonomy you previously created content for. See our Custom Taxonomies Documentation for more on populating your taxonomies
- Select the checkboxes most relevant to the destination, or select “+Add New Travel Style” to create a new category