LSX Mega Menus adds mega menu functionality to the standard WordPress menus so that you can add rich content to the menu, and supports a full width menu.
- The LSX Mega Menus plugin has been designed for the LSX theme, and has not been tested with other WordPress themes.
Installation from WordPress admin dashboard:
- Log into your WordPress admin panel and go to Plugins > Add new.
- Enter LSX Mega Menus into the search field.
- Click Install Now when you find the plugin
- Click Activate once the installation is complete
Download from WordPress.org
- Go to the plugin page – https://wordpress.org/plugins/lsx-mega-menus/
- Click the Download button to download the zip file.
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard and go to Plugins > Add new.
- Then click Upload plugin.
- Choose the zip file you downloaded and click Install now.
- After installation is successful click Activate plugin.
- Go to Appearance > Customizer > Menus.
- Select any of your previously created menus (Primary Menu, Social Menu etc) or create a new menu that will contain the mega menu item.
- Click the Mega Menu button that appears when you expand the menu item that will be the mega menu.
- A Mega Menus edit section will appear with an option to Add a Widget.
You can also select Fullscreen for the mega menu.
If you uncheck Enable the mega menu will not show, and any regular sub-menu items will appear, if they are configured.
- Choose the widget from the available options. You can add a form, or a WooCommerce product search, or even other menus that you have created.
The widget options that are available will depend on the third party plugins that you have installed on your website.
- Widgets can be resized and moved within the mega menu.
- Widgets can be located in more than one row in the mega menu.
- After you have selected and configured your widget options click Publish to save your changes.