To download the Tour Operator Team Plugin, follow the steps below.
You can also download and install the extension directly from the backend of your website:
- Login to the backend of your website.
- Navigate to the “Plugins” dashboard item.
- Select “Add New” when on the plugins page.
- Search for “Tour Operator Team”.
- Download and activate the plugins.
TO Team Settings
- Navigate to the backend of your website
- Hover over the custom “Tour Operator” menu item
- Select the ‘Settings” option from the sub-menu that appears
- You will land on the “General” TO settings tab
- Select the “Team” option from the TO menu
- You will notice four sub-menu items in the team’s settings area
General Enquiry – Select the general enquiry popup form you want to be accessible on your tour pages
View the Plugins Support docs to view supported Form Plugins
Disable Modal – Disable the TO contact modal and instead redirect to URL of another page
Enquire Link – Input the URL for the custom contact page (will only take effect if modal is disabled)
Select your consultants – Select your previously added team members to act as consultants
Banner Placeholder – Select a placeholder image to display as the “teams” landing page banner image
Archive – Select a archive featured image for your teams
Disable Archives – This disables the “post type archive”, if you create your own custom loop it will still work.
Banner Image – Set a banner image for your teams archives
Banner Video URL (MP4) – Enter the URL of a mp4 video to display as your banner image
Title – Title your destination archives
Tagline – Give a brief description to be displayed as the destination archive tagline
Description – Give a brief description of your destination archives display
Disable Singles – When disabled you will be redirected to the homepage when trying to access a single tour page.
“Related teams” Section Title – enter a section title for the “Related” section displayed on each destination page
Enable Connected Modals – Select checkbox to enable thumbnail modal previews of connected content displayed on single tour pages
Adding a new Team Member
- Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard
- Hover over the “Tour Operator” menu item from the Dashboard
- Select the “Team” option
- Select the “Add new” option
- Configure your Team member post by adding content and configuring the fields listed below
- When complete, select the “Preview” option to view your post
- Publish your destination post when you are happy with your content
Featured – Set the Team Member’s Biography as “Featured” meaning it will take preference over other Members when displayed on the home page.
Tagline – Add a custom Tagline
Role – Employment position this team member holds in the company
Here you can add in the team members contact details. There are available fields for the following:
- Number (international format)
- Skype (account username)
- Here you can add the team members social media profiles. There are available fields for the following:
- Google Plus
Gallery from Envira Gallery Plugin- Add a previously uploaded Envira image gallery to the team members page. (See the Plugin Support docs for more information on the Envira Gallery Plugin)
Add New Video – Add a video relating to the team member. The following fields need to be configured –
- Video URL (supports Youtube and Vimeo)
- Multilingual Content Setup
Make “destination” translatable – Select the checkbox to allow the destination content to be translatable. This causes a field to appear above the “Publish” section (only active when Multilingual Content is enabled)
Language of this Team Member – Select the primary language used by this Team Member
Show Sharing Buttons – Select the checkbox to make the social sharing icons visible on the destinations post
Featured Image – Select a featured image to display for this Team Member’s Post
Display your Team Members
The TO Team Extensions plugin is integrated with your core TO plugin post type functionality. Team Member profile and contact information can be displayed on your single Destination, Accommodation & Tour Pages.
Eg: Adding a team member to a Tour Page
- Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard on the backend of your website.
- Hover over the menu item labelled “Tour Operator”.
- Select the “Tours” sub-item from the drop down menu.
- Select any previously uploaded tours or select “Add New”.
- Under the “LSX Tour Operators” settings heading look for the field labelled “Tour Expert”.
- Select the dropdown and choose a previously created team member to be assigned to this tour.
- Once this is complete, select the “Preview” icon to see the changes.
- You will notice a thumbnail profile of this team member along with contact information.
- The enquiry modal will display a popup form. The form displayed is chosen in your TO Team settings (see above).
See our Supported Plugins docs to see our supported Form Plugins.