LightSpeed has released version 1.2 of the PayFast Add-on for Give, a WordPress plugin that makes receiving donations easy. PayFast is an online payments processor that works with South African banks. Going forward, the plugin will be freely available on WordPress.org
Important notice for existing PayFast for Give users
If you previously bought the PayFast Add-on for Give, the following information is very important. There are a few steps you need to follow when moving to the new version.
- Deactivate and delete the previous plugin completely.
- Then install the new version. Either:
- Search for the plugin, “LSX PayFast Gateway for Give”, via the plugins screen inside your WordPress dashboard
- Or download the PayFast Add-on for Give from WordPress.org and upload it via your plugins screen
Unfortunately you may need to reconfigure payments via PayFast in Give. The plugin changed in a way that could not avoid this.
Documentation & Support
Whether you are an existing or new user of the PayFast Add-on for Give, detailed setup documentation can be found here.
The plugin is free, but we do not offer free support. Please consult our documentation which answers all questions related to setting the plugin up. If it’s not working, please follow the steps below. We recommend you test on a development or staging version of your website, most good hosting companies offer a tool that can easily copy your site to a staging version. If not, contact your host directly to set one up.
- Ensure that WordPress, your theme and plugins are fully up to date.
- Activate a default WordPress theme, like twenty sixteen or twenty eighteen
- Disable all plugins but Give and the PayFast Extension
- Test your payments again
- If it works, it means there is a problem with your theme or one of your other plugins that isn’t covered by our support policy. Or, there is a problem with your server environment.
- If it still does not work, create a user with administrative access and email that to us at email@example.com, please include detailed steps on how to reproduce the error, reference any relevant links and include screenshots. We also need to know what operating system and browser you are using.
If you need assistance setting up the plugin, a customisation, or it needs to be made compatible with your theme and plugins, please contact us for a quote.
LightSpeed would like to thank all those who have supported the development of the PayFast Add-on for Give, we hope you continue to enjoy this useful plugin. Thank you to our new users as well, we hope it helps you receive donations. If you run into problems and need support, please send a detailed query to firstname.lastname@example.org.