Website Development and Hosting Terms & Conditions
- All cost estimates are valid for 30 days.
- All costs exclude VAT @ 15%.
- All projects over R10,000 require a 50% deposit on commencement of work, with the balance of 50% payable on completion of the work.
- Invoices submitted for payment are required to be settled within 7 days.
- The final invoice will be submitted on completion of the work and is required to be settled before the live deployment is commenced.
- If at any stage the project is cancelled, payment will be due for all work completed up to the formal cancellation date (cancellation is required in writing).
- Once the specification for the website design has been finalised and work has commenced, any new requirements, or changes to existing specification (“scope creep”), will fall outside of the agreed cost and a new cost estimate will be provided for the additional work @ an hourly rate of R1150.00 per hour ex VAT.
- Initial project progress communication between Client and LightSpeed Development will be in the form of regular email updates from the LightSpeed project manager. Regular email updates will continue throughout the project.
- When the website development is at a point where it is ready for client viewing, we will provide the beta link to Client, and Bugherd will be used as the communication tool for feedback on the website (LightSpeed will provide Bugherd guest access to Client).
- The two parties agree that progress is dependant on regular updates between Client and LightSpeed.
- Once the live site has been launched there will be a period of 7 working days in which to report any issues with the website that are directly related to LightSpeed’s work. If there are no issues reported during this time, we will assume full sign-off of the website and any further requests will be quoted @ an hourly rate of R1150.00 per hour ex VAT.
- On completion of the project, the complete website (files, images, documents, database, etc) will be the property of Client, hosted on LightSpeed’s servers.
- If LightSpeed is not hosting the site, we require full and final payment prior to deploying the site to Client’s chosen hosting provider.
- Should either the Client or LightSpeed Development wish to cancel the hosting of the website on our servers, one calendar month’s notice will be required from either party. A full backup of the website files and database will be provided to Client in a secure online link.
- If a hosting account goes unpaid for 3 months, a hosting termination notification will be submitted, giving 2 weeks notice for the site to be removed from our servers and the account will be suspended.
- Different browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer and Safari, may display websites in slightly different ways. This can affect the appearance and functionality of the website across different browsers. To ensure a consistent user experience, web developers spend time creating websites that work well on various browsers. However, Internet Explorer 10 and below use an outdated web browser framework that does not support many of the features and standards that web designers use today. As a result, websites may not look or work as intended on these versions of IE. WordPress supports the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge. WordPress also supports Internet Explorer 11, but some themes may not be fully compatible with this browser due to its limitations. We recommend that you always use an up-to-date browser for optimal performance and security with WordPress. We also do not support web browsers that do not support TLS (Transport Layer Security) lower than 1.2:
– Internet Explorer versions 7 and below for desktop, and versions 10 and below for mobile
– Firefox versions 22 and below
– Chrome versions 21 and below
– Android OS Browser versions 4.3 and below
– Safari versions 6 and below for desktop, and versions 4 and below for mobile
These browsers are either incompatible with TLS 1.1 or higher encryption, or require manual configuration to enable it. Users of these browsers may encounter security issues or errors when accessing websites that use TLS 1.2 or higher encryption. It is recommended to upgrade or replace these browsers with more recent or supported versions that are compatible with TLS 1.1 or higher by default.
- LightSpeed Development reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify these Terms and Conditions, and any of our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
- Any notice to be given by either party to the other may be sent either by email, or recorded delivery to the address of the other party as appearing in this Agreement.