LightSpeed has released version 2.0.0 of the Zoho CRM Add-on for Caldera Forms. The plugin has been updated to support version 2.0 of the Zoho API. Going forward, the plugin is freely available on WordPress.org
The most notable changes in the API is the use of JSON for requests, and the use of the OAuth 2.0 protocol for authentication. For a more detailed list visit the Zoho website.
Important notice for existing users
If you previously bought the add-on, the following information is very important. There are a few steps you need to follow when moving to the new version.
- Deactivate and delete the previous plugin completely.
- Then install the new version. Either:
- Search for the plugin, “LSX Zoho CRM Addon for Caldera Forms”, via the plugins screen inside your WordPress dashboard
- Or download the plugin from WordPress.org and upload it via your plugins screen
Unfortunately you will have to reconfigure all form processors that create leads, contacts or tasks. The plugin changed in a way that could not avoid this.
Documentation & Support
Whether you are an existing or new user of this plugin, detailed setup documentation can be found here.
The plugin is free, but we do not offer free support. Please consult our documentation which answers all questions related to setting the plugin up. If it’s not working, please follow the steps below. We recommend you test on a development or staging version of your website, most good hosting companies offer a tool that can easily copy your site to a staging version. If not, contact your host directly to set one up.
- Ensure that WordPress, your theme and plugins are fully up to date.
- Activate a default WordPress theme, like twenty sixteen or twenty eighteen
- Disable all plugins but Caldera Forms and the Zoho Extension
- Test your workflows again
- If it works, it means there is a problem with your theme or one of the other plugins that isn’t covered by our support policy. Or, there is a problem with your server environment.
- If it still does not work, create a user with administrative access and email that to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include detailed steps on how to reproduce the error, reference any relevant links and include screenshots. We also need to know what operating system and browser you are using.
If you need assistance setting up the plugin, a customisation, or it needs to be made compatible with your theme and plugins, please contact us for a quote.
LightSpeed would like to thank all those who have supported the development of the plugin in the past, we hope you continue to enjoy this useful plugin. Thank you to our new users as well, we hope it benefits your business, helping you become more productive. If you run into problems and need support, please send a detailed query to email@example.com.